Friday, June 10, 2011

A new path on our journey: IVF Treatments

Unfortunately last cycle wasn't our cycle, again. I called the Doctors office and gave them all of my insurance information so they could contact the insurance and get all the approval paperwork started so we could get it as soon as possible (b/c insurance companies can take FOREVER to approve things) b/c I was not going to go through with this costly procedure without proof that it is going to be covered.

I'm sad that I missed the call from the doctors nurse yesterday but she did leave a message. She said she spoke with the insurance company and they said that since we have fertility coverage that there is no pre-authorization needed, all it has to be billed as is outpatient surgery (which it will) and it will be covered. I think the only part that might not be covered is the freezing of any eggs that are not used and that really isn't that much of a cost.

I'm excited to get started and hope to start next cycle. I know that IVF isn't a sure thing and that it might not work no matter how many times we might try but the since I am producing mature eggs with this medication it seems to me that the new concern is that the sperm and egg are not meeting up and at least with IVF you know that the egg will be fertilized and it will be implanted and then the only wonder you have is waiting the two weeks to see if it sticks... I pray that this is what will do it for us and we will be starting our family soon.

I'll post more as we actually start the process and hopefully I will be posting some good news sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you guys!! I wish we could do IVF but Eric's insurance does not cover any infertility. Good luck!!!!!

    ReplyDelete