Friday, June 3, 2011

The cost of it all $$$

In 2010 i thought I had good insurance, I thought for sure everything would be covered. So you can imagine the surprise I got when i went to pick up my clomid and it was 50 dollars a prescription, 300 dollars for the 6 months we used it. Then the OPK's the ovulation prediction kits, 45 dollars a month for one kit about 450 dollars for all cycles. Various doctors visits, IUI's and ultrasounds about 3000 dollars.

Finally we got some good news, my company was getting better insurance in 2011 and they were going to cover infertility treatments!!! This year I have had no doctors bills, all medications have been either 5 or 10 dollars but the OPK's are still way expensive but those are not prescription. So even though I'm out about 4000 dollars from 2010 and my checking account and savings account are crying due to this and the cost of gas and the amount of gas I have to use just to get to and from work, almost everything is covered this year and that is amazing, its really the only reason I keep my job and don't look for anything outside of my company. I need these benefits if we have to go to the next step of IVF... Which is about 15,000 dollars! just for one round.

No comments:

Post a Comment